Meeting rooms are open to the public. We encourage social distancing in the meeting rooms, but patrons are responsible for ensuring health and safety at their meetings.
OLPL has four meeting rooms available to community organizations whose objectives are cultural, educational or civic in nature. The rooms are located on the lower level of the Library. Patrons may book 10 days in advance of their meeting. Meeting room reservations can be made through LibCal, the Library’s online scheduling system: meetingrooms.olpl.org
Please read the Library Meeting Room Policy HERE
Each Meeting Room is equipped with:
- Wireless internet
- PC mounted on the wall and mouse
- Drop down screen
- AV assistance (Please ask the Customer Services department to contact our Technical support team)
- Microphones and other special AV equipment are available by request
Presentations must be on a USB drive or a DVD
NOTE: Rooms A, B and C are interconnected and separated by partitions. Simultaneous meetings should be aware that the neighboring room may be occupied. Large Library events, movies, Board of Trustees meetings and other special functions sometimes reserve all three rooms.
Reservations & Fees
- Reservations can be made 60 days in advance and must be reserved at least 7 days prior to each meeting date.
- Each organization can reserve a room four times in 30 days.
- Reservations are approved on a first-come, first-served basis within three (3) business days of submitting a request.
- An e-mail address is required. Meeting rooms are free to Oak Lawn residents and Oak Lawn based organizations.
- Meeting rooms are free of charge for Oak Lawn residents and Oak Lawn-based groups and organizations.
- Non-residents will be charged a non-refundable fee $50 for each date that the meeting rooms are booked.
- The person(s) reserving the room is responsible for payment by check made payable to the Oak Lawn Public Library. Checks must be received within 7-days of the reservation submission or the request will be denied.
- Use of meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Oak Lawn Public Library. The Library will not discriminate in making meeting rooms available on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation or physical limitation.
Most questions and answers related to use of the meeting rooms can be found within the Board’s Meeting Room Policy. For more information, contact Patti Pryal, Marketing & Public Relations Assistant, at 708-422-4990, ext. 322.
OAK LAWN ROTARY ROOM A
Up to 30 people Auditorium-style, with rows of chairs
MEETING ROOM B
Between 50-75 people Auditorium-style, with rows of chairs
MEETING ROOM C
Up to 30 people. Four tables are arranged in a rectangle,
surrounded by chairs
MARY NELSON ROOM
Up to 12 people. Four tables are arranged in a rectangle,
surrounded by chairs