Due to an upcoming change to our Library calendar, beginning Friday, February 23 meeting room reservations will be unavailable until further notice. A new reservation system will be launched soon. All current reservations will be transferred to the new system without any disruption. You will receive an email about your reservation being scheduled in our new system.
Please check our website and social media for updates.
OLPL has four meeting rooms available free to Oak Lawn individuals or organizations, located in the Library Lower Level (basement). Residents or organizations outside of Oak Lawn will be charged $50 per hour. Patrons may book 7 days in advance. Reservations are made through LibCal, the online scheduling system. PLEASE CLICK THE LINKS BELOW:
CALL EXT. 729 AT ANY MEETING ROOM PHONE FOR HELP WITH EQUIPMENT. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW EQUIPMENT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE: We encourage patrons to put their presentation on a flash drive and plug it into the wall monitor. Wi-Fi internet is available in Meeting Rooms A & B, but Wi-Fi service to Room C and the Mary Nelson Room is sometimes not available.
Loading your presentation onto a flash drive will ensure it will be displayed reliably.
Each Meeting Room is equipped with:
- PC mounted on the wall and mouse
- Drop down screen
- AV assistance (Call EXT. 729 – Computer Help)
- Microphones and other special AV equipment are available by request
Presentations must be on a USB drive or a DVD
NOTE: Meeting Rooms A, B and C are one large space separated by partitions. Be aware that there may be another meeting happening at the same time. Large Library events and other special functions sometimes use all three rooms.
Reservations & Fees
- Reservations can be made 60 days in advance and must be reserved at least 7 days prior to each meeting date.
- Each organization can reserve a room four times in 30 days.
- Reservations are approved on a first-come, first-served basis within three (3) business days of submitting a request.
- An e-mail address is required. Individuals reserving rooms with resident status must provide a valid Oak Lawn library card number.
- Meeting rooms are free of charge for Oak Lawn residents and Oak Lawn-based groups and organizations.
- Non-residents will be charged a non-refundable fee $50 per hour for each date that the meeting rooms are booked.
- Maximum reservation limit is four (4) hours per reservation. Multiple reservations are not allowed back-to-back on the same date.
- The person(s) reserving the room is responsible for payment by cash, check or money order (made payable to the Oak Lawn Public Library). The Library also accepts payment via credit card. To pay via credit card, contact the Marketing Unit. Checks and/or money orders must be received within 7-days of the reservation submission or the request will be denied.
- Use of meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Oak Lawn Public Library. The Library will not discriminate in making meeting rooms available on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation or physical limitation.
Most questions and answers related to use of the meeting rooms can be found within the Board’s Meeting Room Policy. For more information, contact Patti Pryal, Marketing Assistant, at 708-422-4990, ext. 322.
OAK LAWN ROTARY ROOM A
Up to 30 people Auditorium-style, with rows of chairs
MEETING ROOM B
Between 50-75 people Auditorium-style, with rows of chairs
MEETING ROOM C
Up to 30 people. Four tables are arranged in a rectangle,
surrounded by chairs
MARY NELSON ROOM
Up to 12 people. Four tables are arranged in a rectangle,
surrounded by chairs