Recommendations for You: Compassion Fatigue
...and check out FB live for a recording of the Nov. 12 panel discussion
Many thanks to our excellent panelists, who discussed, "Compassion Fatigue in a World of Instant News" on Sunday, Nov. 10.
Amy Merrick from the DePaul School of Communications; Margaret Walkosz, retired nurse practitioner at Hines VA; Dr. Blaire Lewis of the Advocate Trauma Recovery Center, and Joyce Bryan, volunteer and trainer at the American Red Cross of Northern Illinois all gave us excellent ideas on how to combat compassion fatigue. You can watch the recorded session on our FB page!
Other resources we recommend are:
- Charter For Compassion: Charterforcompassion.org and also on FB
- Compassion Fatigue Awareness Project: https://www.compassionfatigue.org/ and also on FB
- "How to overcome 'compassion fatigue' by David DeSteno https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/how-to-overcome-compassion-fatigue/2019/08/22/64852f9e-c42f-11e9-850e-c0eef81a5224_story.html
- "Are You Suffering from Compassion Fatigue?" by Sherrie Bourg Carter https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/high-octane-women/201407/are-you-suffering-compassion-fatigue
- "How to Manage Compassion Fatigue in Caregiving" presented by Patricia Smith | TEDxSanJuanIsland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=7keppA8XRas&feature=emb_logo
- List of items at the Oak Lawn Public Library on Compassion Fatigue.
Created by Mary Williams on
Nov 14th, 2019 @ 3:47 PM.
Updated on Nov 18th, 2019 @ 9:40 AM.