Part-Time, Marketing Unit, Administration Department
The Oak Lawn Public Library Marketing and Communications Unit is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys creating and maintaining a variety of print and digital marketing materials, including for the website and social media.
We are looking for a part-time, “non-exempt” Content Coordinator, Grade VII. The salary range starts at $17.62 per hour, commensurate with experience. The position will include a schedule of approximately 24 hours a week. Work schedule is flexible but weekday business hours are required.
Benefits include: Vacation, sick, holiday, birthday, and IMRF contribution.
• Write and copy edit feature articles, stories; content for Know Now newsletter, eNewsletters, e-mail marketing, blogs, print/digital publications and special projects that promote the Library’s services and programs.
• Write for and manage social media channels
• Generate content, update and review Library website
• Generate creative ideas for marketing campaigns via copy and messaging in line with OLPL brand, mission, vision, and values.
• Ensure brand consistency through usage, publication and editing standards.
• Other duties as assigned, including photography, videography and Marketing Unit projects and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, specifically in journalism, marketing or public relations.
• At least two years’ experience in journalism, marketing or public relations.
• Some training or experience in the work of libraries or non-profits is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability in creative writing with social media and web content management.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, in editing, grammar, proofreading.
• Creative talent to develop a concept idea into a strong visual representation.
• Deadline-oriented with ability to work with in a team environment.
Please submit your resume, application, three references, (all in Word or PDF attachments). Also, include links to your portfolio or other samples of your work to Olpljobs@olpl.org.
Customer Services Library Assistant I
Part-Time, Customer Services Department
The Customer Services Department has a position opening for part-time Library Assistant I, Level I, Grade III. The current wage range is $12.25 to $16.90 per hour; and there are Level I employee benefits associated with the position, per the current Personnel Policy.
This is an 8-19 hour per week “non-exempt” position with a work schedule that requires daytime, evening, and weekend hours. This full service Customer Services Department serves our patrons in a streamlined, efficient manner.
We are seeking friendly, energetic, self-motivated individuals who are great in welcoming a diverse group of patrons. Most Duties include: answering directional questions and assisting patrons in the use of library collections, and equipment; maintaining circulation records and other lists; contacting persons for lost/damaged items; checking library materials in/out; issuing library cards; collecting fines; calling reserves; and other clerical duties associated with a busy public service desk.
Some college or special library training or related library experience is desirable, including knowledge of current audiovisual materials. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Publisher) is a plus. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
To apply to this position, please submit your application or resume, along with three references to the Olpljobs@olpl.org.
Created by Erin Foley on
Jun 5th, 2017 @ 12:14 PM.
Updated on Dec 7th, 2018 @ 11:46 AM.